VolunteerEvery year, we rely on the generosity of volunteers to effectively serve our community’s most vulnerable residents in myriad ways:
Individual & Group Opportunities: We offer multiple opportunities for individuals to engage with our program participants in acts of direct service including meal service/preparation, administrative functions, enrichment instruction (creative writing, drum circles, etc.).
Please click here for a full list of individual opportunities.
Please click here for a full list of group opportunities.
Sojourn support services: Sojourn provides high quality and comprehensive support services to victims of domestic violence in Los Angeles County and across the country. To volunteer with Sojourn, please CLICK HERE for more details.
1. CLICK HERE for a list of ongoing activities in which volunteers can make a difference in the lives of others.
2. Complete an online volunteer application form.
3. Individual volunteers and group volunteer leaders must attend an orientation. These are usually held twice a month, once in Santa Monica and once in Downtown Los Angeles. Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email with orientation dates. Please reply to this email with your orientation date selection.
4. If you are looking to volunteer for k9 connection or the Arts program, an additional meeting will be scheduled. To volunteer with Sojourn, please CLICK HERE for more details.
Steps after completing an orientation for individual volunteers only:
1. Provide proof of a negative TB test result within the past year. CLICK HERE for a list of local clinics.
2. Complete and submit the background check form provided at orientation. Human Resources will then run a background check at no cost to you. This process usually takes up to two weeks.
3. Once your paperwork has cleared, a Volunteer Relationships Officer will contact you to determine the best fit for your schedule.
Thank you for your interest! We look forward to partnering with you in the future.
Click below to access our volunteer management portal