THE PEOPLE CONCERN IS ON THE FRONT-LINES DURING COVID-19
The safety and well-being of our program participants, staff and community remain paramount. The People Concern is taking all necessary and recommended precautions and measures to prevent and mitigate the spread of COVID-19. We are working with the Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA), Department of Mental Health (DMH) and Department of Health Services (DHS) to ensure that we have the appropriate plans in place and can swiftly and effectively respond to directives from the Los Angeles Department of Public Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Interagency Council on Homelessness and the US Department of Housing and Urban Development.
OUR EMERGENCY RESPONSE PROTOCOL FOR SAFEGUARDING OUR COMMUNITY INCLUDES:
- Ensuring we continue to provide services for program participants
- Training staff on safety precautions to mitigate the risk of spread
- Staff proactively communicating information to program participants on how to keep themselves and others safe, and providing our neighbors with hygiene resources
- Posting information from public health agencies in highly visible areas at administrative and service-delivery locations
- Instructing staff who are exhibiting symptoms to remain home; identifying quarantine locations for program participants in Interim Housing
- Pausing the majority of onsite volunteer activities
- Continuing to clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Implementing head to toe sleeping arrangements in Interim Housing
- Implementing an emergency communication system for staff
- Following social distancing recommendations issued by Los Angeles Department of Public Health
YOUR SUPPORT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
We appreciate the outpouring of support from our community during these trying times; our neighbors need us now more than ever. If you’re interested in donating items, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding items in need. We also look forward to welcoming back our dedicated volunteers and to expanding our volunteer program once it is safe to do so. Please contact email@example.com for ways to get involved from home.
1. Make a Monetary Contribution.
COVID-19 has forced us to change our way of connecting, but through this challenging time, communities all over the world have shown tremendous resiliency and what it truly means to support and care for each other. Although we’ve had to change our normal day-to-day routines, The People Concern remains committed to our goal – creating a future in which everyone throughout Los Angeles County is housed, healthy and safe. Our teams are on the front-lines serving our most vulnerable neighbors every day.
The need for our services has grown tremendously as a result of the pandemic, and we continue to provide life-saving services to the people we serve.
You have the opportunity to save lives. Make a positive impact today! Here’s what your donation can do:
2. SUPPORT OUR LAUNDRY PROGRAMS.
Please support our laundry programs by donating quarters for our program participants to use. Help our most vulnerable neighbors maintain their hygiene! Quarters can be dropped off at our 16th St. Mailbox or our Arlington office.
3. Participate in Summer Giving by providing In-Kind Donations.
Help us secure urgently-needed items, so we can support and care for our most vulnerable neighbors.
During the summer months, it becomes even more difficult for our neighbors living on the streets to protect themselves from the hot weather. We invite you to participate in Summer Giving – an opportunity to donate much-needed items and show your neighbors that you are standing with them during these difficult times.
We are focusing our efforts on securing the following items to help our neighbors stay protected: sunscreen, socks, umbrellas and water bottles.
List of in-kind donations
Please mail or deliver donations to one of the following locations below:
- 2116 Arlington Avenue Suite 100, Los Angeles, CA 90018. You can drop-off donations in person on Tuesdays from 9 AM – 12 PM.
- 1453 16th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404. You can drop off donations in person on Mondays from 9 AM – 12 PM.
4. Support our food services efforts.
Can you help them out next time you go shopping?
1. When you are doing your grocery shopping, fill up grocery bags with the following items:
- Five (5) cans of soup
- Four (4) cans of veggies (to be cooked stove top or microwave)
- Two (2) bags of rice
- Five (5) cans of beans
- One (1) box of granola bars or protein bars
- Two (2) boxes/bags of pasta noodles
- Two (2) cans of pasta sauce
2. Drop off the bags at the location below:
- 2116 Arlington Avenue, Suite 100 Los Angeles, CA 90018 on Tuesdays from 9 AM – 12 PM
- 1453 16th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404 on Mondays from 9 AM – 12 PM
Anything and everything helps. If you are unable to purchase all of the items, please feel free to drop off any of the listed items to the same locations and we will make sure they get to the people we serve in permanent supportive housing.
We provide people experiencing homelessness with 3 meals a day, 7 days a week at 6 Interim Housing sites. Catering a meal for participants at a site will allow us to dedicate funds toward our other critical service needs. Purchase a meal from a restaurant and have it delivered to our Interim Housing across Los Angeles County – the number of people varies by location from 45-100.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us you’re interested. We’ll work with you to help coordinate the day, time and location.
We can use the following donations:
- Turkey deli meat
- Sliced cheese
- Granola bars
- Individual bags of chips
- Fruits (soft, easy to chew)
- Bread Sandwich-size
- Ziploc bags
- Brown paper bags
Please deliver sack lunch donation items to: 503 Olympic Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90401 on Monday – Friday from 9 AM – 5 PM.
In addition to sack lunch items, we are also accepting catered box lunches. If you are able to provide catered box lunches, please email email@example.com.