COVID-19: Our Response & How You Can Help
We appreciate your understanding and continued support during this challenging time. If you have any questions or need additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office Monday through Friday at (323) 334-9000.
John Maceri, CEO
Our emergency response protocol for safeguarding our community that includes:
- Ensuring we continue to provide services for program participants
- Training staff on safety precautions to mitigate the risk of spread
- Staff proactively communicating information to program participants on how to keep themselves and others safe, and providing our neighbors with hygiene resources
- Posting information from public health agencies in highly visible areas at administrative and service-delivery locations
- Instructing staff who are exhibiting symptoms to remain home; identifying quarantine locations for program participants in Interim Housing
- Pausing the majority of onsite volunteer activities
- Continuing to clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Implementing head to toe sleeping arrangements in Interim Housing
- Implementing an emergency communication system for staff
- Following social distancing recommendations issued by Los Angeles Department of Public Health
- Implementing an Emergency Work from Home Protocol for certain functions based on recommendations from Los Angeles Department of Public Health
How will Emergency Work from Home Protocol impact our services?
- Our goal is to minimize disruption to our programs and to continue serving program participants while keeping everyone safe; to that end, our 24-hour programs will remain open and operating. The Access Center in Santa Monica, our Money Management services and public restrooms in downtown Los Angeles will all remain open with limited services depending on staff availability.
- Our offices will be closed to the public starting March 18, 2020, but our main office phone line will be answered during regular business hours and staff will continue to perform their duties from home. Our Arlington HQ office number is (323) 334-9000.
- You can reach staff by email or phone during regular business hours as you would typically; meetings will take place virtually until the Emergency Work from Home protocol is lifted.
- Most volunteer activities are suspended until the Emergency Work from Home protocol is lifted.
- The agency will continue to perform its essential functions while adhering to recommendations from public health agencies.
1. Make a Monetary Contribution.
2. Participate in our #ChallengeforGood.
Participate in our #CHALLENGEFORGOOD and help us secure urgently-needed in-kind donations throughout the month of April.
- 2116 Arlington Avenue Suite 100, Los Angeles, CA 90018. You can drop-off donations in person on Tuesdays from 9 AM – 12 PM.
- 1453 16th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404. You can drop-off donations in person on Mondays from 9 AM – 12 PM.
3. Support our food services efforts.
Can you help them out next time you go shopping?
1. When you are doing your grocery shopping, fill up grocery bags with the following items:
- Five (5) cans of soup
- Four (4) cans of veggies (to be cooked stove top or microwave)
- Two (2) bags of rice
- Five (5) cans of beans
- One (1) box of granola bars or protein bars
- Two (2) boxes/bags of pasta noodles
- Two (2) cans of pasta sauce
2. Drop off the bags at the location below:
- 2116 Arlington Avenue, Suite 100 Los Angeles, CA 90018 on Tuesdays from 9 AM – 12 PM
- 1453 16th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404 on Mondays from 9 AM – 12 PM
Anything and everything helps. If you are unable to purchase all of the items, please feel free to drop off any of the listed items to the same locations and we will make sure they get to the people we serve in permanent supportive housing.
We provide people experiencing homelessness with 3 meals a day, 7 days a week at 6 Interim Housing sites. Catering a meal for participants at a site will allow us to dedicate funds toward our other critical service needs. Purchase a meal from a restaurant and have it delivered to our Interim Housing across Los Angeles County – the number of people varies by location from 45-100.
Please email email@example.com to tell us you’re interested. We’ll work with you to help coordinate the day, time and location.
We can use the following donations:
- Turkey deli meat
- Sliced cheese
- Granola bars
- Individual bags of chips
- Fruits (soft, easy to chew)
- Bread Sandwich-size
- Ziploc bags
- Brown paper bags
Please deliver sack lunch donation items to: 503 Olympic Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90401 on Monday – Friday from 9 AM – 5 PM.
In addition to sack lunch items, we are also accepting catered box lunches. If you are able to provide catered box lunches, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.