COVID-19: Our Response & How You Can Help
We appreciate your understanding and continued support during this challenging time. If you have any questions or need additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office Monday through Friday at (323) 334-9000.
John Maceri, CEO
Our emergency response protocol for safeguarding our community that includes:
- Ensuring we continue to provide services for program participants
- Training staff on safety precautions to mitigate the risk of spread
- Staff proactively communicating information to program participants on how to keep themselves and others safe, and providing our neighbors with hygiene resources
- Posting information from public health agencies in highly visible areas at administrative and service-delivery locations
- Instructing staff who are exhibiting symptoms to remain home; identifying quarantine locations for program participants in Interim Housing
- Pausing the majority of onsite volunteer activities
- Continuing to clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Implementing head to toe sleeping arrangements in Interim Housing
- Implementing an emergency communication system for staff
- Following social distancing recommendations issued by Los Angeles Department of Public Health
- Implementing an Emergency Work from Home Protocol for certain functions based on recommendations from Los Angeles Department of Public Health
How will Emergency Work from Home Protocol impact our services?
- Our goal is to minimize disruption to our programs and to continue serving program participants while keeping everyone safe; to that end, our 24-hour programs will remain open and operating. The Access Center in Santa Monica, our Money Management services and public restrooms in downtown Los Angeles will all remain open with limited services depending on staff availability.
- Our offices will be closed to the public starting March 18, 2020, but our main office phone line will be answered during regular business hours and staff will continue to perform their duties from home. Our Arlington HQ office number is (323) 334-9000.
- You can reach staff by email or phone during regular business hours as you would typically; meetings will take place virtually until the Emergency Work from Home protocol is lifted.
- Most volunteer activities are suspended until the Emergency Work from Home protocol is lifted.
- The agency will continue to perform its essential functions while adhering to recommendations from public health agencies.
1. Make a Monetary Contribution.
COVID-19 has forced us to change our way of connecting, but through this challenging time, communities all over the world have shown tremendous resiliency and what it truly means to support and care for each other. Although we’ve had to change our normal day-to-day routines, The People Concern remains committed to our goal – creating a future in which everyone throughout Los Angeles County is housed, healthy and safe. Our teams are on the front-lines serving our most vulnerable neighbors every day.
The need for our services has grown tremendously as a result of the pandemic, and we continue to provide life-saving services to the people we serve.
You have the opportunity to save lives. Make a positive impact today! Here’s what your donation can do:
2. SUPPORT OUR LAUNDRY PROGRAMS.
Please support our laundry programs by donating quarters for our program participants to use. Help our most vulnerable neighbors maintain their hygiene! Quarters can be dropped off at our 16th St. Mailbox or our Arlington office.
3. Participate in Summer Giving by providing In-Kind Donations.
Help us secure urgently-needed items, so we can support and care for our most vulnerable neighbors.
During the summer months, it becomes even more difficult for our neighbors living on the streets to protect themselves from the hot weather. For the month of July, we invite you to participate in Summer Giving – an opportunity to donate much-needed items and show your neighbors that you are standing with them during these difficult times.
We are focusing our efforts on securing the following items to help our neighbors stay protected: sunscreen, socks, umbrellas and water bottles.
List of in-kind donations
Please mail or deliver donations to one of the following locations below:
- 2116 Arlington Avenue Suite 100, Los Angeles, CA 90018. You can drop-off donations in person on Tuesdays from 9 AM – 12 PM.
- 1453 16th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404. You can drop off donations in person on Mondays from 9 AM – 12 PM.
4. Support our food services efforts.
Can you help them out next time you go shopping?
1. When you are doing your grocery shopping, fill up grocery bags with the following items:
- Five (5) cans of soup
- Four (4) cans of veggies (to be cooked stove top or microwave)
- Two (2) bags of rice
- Five (5) cans of beans
- One (1) box of granola bars or protein bars
- Two (2) boxes/bags of pasta noodles
- Two (2) cans of pasta sauce
2. Drop off the bags at the location below:
- 2116 Arlington Avenue, Suite 100 Los Angeles, CA 90018 on Tuesdays from 9 AM – 12 PM
- 1453 16th Street, Santa Monica, CA 90404 on Mondays from 9 AM – 12 PM
Anything and everything helps. If you are unable to purchase all of the items, please feel free to drop off any of the listed items to the same locations and we will make sure they get to the people we serve in permanent supportive housing.
We provide people experiencing homelessness with 3 meals a day, 7 days a week at 6 Interim Housing sites. Catering a meal for participants at a site will allow us to dedicate funds toward our other critical service needs. Purchase a meal from a restaurant and have it delivered to our Interim Housing across Los Angeles County – the number of people varies by location from 45-100.
Please email email@example.com to tell us you’re interested. We’ll work with you to help coordinate the day, time and location.
We can use the following donations:
- Turkey deli meat
- Sliced cheese
- Granola bars
- Individual bags of chips
- Fruits (soft, easy to chew)
- Bread Sandwich-size
- Ziploc bags
- Brown paper bags
Please deliver sack lunch donation items to: 503 Olympic Boulevard, Santa Monica, CA 90401 on Monday – Friday from 9 AM – 5 PM.
In addition to sack lunch items, we are also accepting catered box lunches. If you are able to provide catered box lunches, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.